Head Coach-Brandon Strother
Brandon Strother is the Head Baseball Coach for Lamar Consolidated High School. This will be his 5th season as the Head Varsity Coach and his 9th Season overall at Lamar. In 2011 and 2012 he was an assistant coach and Freshman head coach for the District Champion Lamar Mustangs. The 2012 Team went on to the 5th round of the playoffs and a school record 28 wins. As a head coach he led the Mustangs to the 2017 Playoffs and has had 7 First team All-District Selections along with many other awards for his players.
Coach Strother is a graduate of Texas A&M University with a degree in Sports Management and minors in Coaching, History, and Business. He is married to Tracey Strother (10 years) and has two children, 7 year old Brooklyn and 5 year old Peyton. They live in Sugar Land, Texas.
Assistant Varsity Coach-Joshua Bromberg
- 7 years at LCHS
- 7 years total coaching
- Graduated from Foster HS and UH Victoria (played baseball)
- 2x All-District Defensive End / 2x All-Area Defensive End / Baseball: 3x All-District / 3x All-Area / 2005 Area MVP
- Wife Amber Bromberg and daughter Hayzlee (10 months)
JV Coach-Terry Peronne
- 1st coaching at Lamar Consolidated HS
- 8 years total coaching
- Graduated from Houston Bellaire HS (played football and baseball) and from Utah State University (Bachelors) and Texas A&M University (Masters)
- Quote: “Our players always say, treat me like a man. Know what I say? Act like a man. You know what a man is? A man is someone who does things he doesn’t like to do because other people benefit from it.” – Jimbo Fisher
Sophomore Coach-Stephen Goodwin
Coach Goodwin graduated from Wortham High School in 2004 and attended Stepehen F. Austin State University. He graduated in 2009 with majors in both Kinesiology and History. Coach Goodwin’s coaching experience includes linebacker coach at Garrison High School 2010-2012 (Two time state semifinalist) and offensive line coach at Pasadena High School before coming to LCHS. He is the Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach as well as sophomore Baseball coach here at LCHS. He has been happily married to Jillian Goodwin for five years and counting.